Welcome to the Home Page of “Alternative Domestic Energy Solutions”
We hope you find our articles both informative and useful. We have put together a series of articles that cover many of the most widely used energy saving innovations by most home-owners. You can also find reviews on energy saving products which are available online from reputable suppliers that will show you how these energy saving devices can be used and how easy you can create your own power system at home. Whether it’s solar panels, wind turbines, electric power generators, conversion kits for cars or a simple step-by-step manual/video guide for DIY building or maintenance you will find all of these within the website. Our articles will also provide an overview of what you can expect from these products based on testimonials and experiences from those who have already completed their projects.
For Homeowners in the UK we have dedicated a section of the site to bring you updates on The Green Deal that’s due to be launched this October 2012. If you wish to keep up to date on The Green Deal we recommend that you Bookmark our page. Meanwhile, please continue to explore the site. If you have any questions please email them to me directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To build solar power means, not only are we able to exploit the cheapest and most abundant energy source, but it also affords us the opportunity, in the face of ever increasing energy prices and depleting resources, to obtain the most optimum power solution. The gains are immense in terms of; addressing the energy crises, green issues and consumer confidence in obtaining a reliable and economical energy source. If you are considering whether to build solar power it is essential to have an understanding of the uses and advantages that solar energy affords.
Domestic Consumer Benefits to Build Solar Power
Here are just a few examples of how solar energy can be implemented at home. One needs to bear in mind not only economic issues, but also future energy shortages, cuts and reducing carbon footprint measures.
- Cooking: A family of five can manage comfortably using a solar cooker for their normal everyday cooking requirements. The cooker itself has just one source of fuel – sunlight. The solar cooker is not restricted to simply boiling food but can quite adequately roast and bake meats – albeit taking somewhat longer. This is by far one of the most basic solar energy solutions.
- Generating electricity: One of the most fun elements to build solar power is by making your own solar panels with which to make electricity. These can effectively run all your domestic appliances during the day whilst the excess energy generated can be stored for night usage.
- Heating the home: Depending upon your location, one of the greatest savings in using solar energy can be made by connecting your domestic heating system to your homemade solar panels. In this way your house is kept warm without you having to worry about energy bills.
Wecome to Alternative Domestic Energy Solutions
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
The most common question: How does a solar generator work?
In layman’s terms a solar generator creates electricity by converting solar power. This is achieved by the sun’s rays hitting what is known as the photovoltaic cells of the solar panel which in turn converts the sun’s energy to electrical energy. The return on your investment of solar panels can vary widely depending upon whether you have them installed professionally or build your own (at a fraction of the cost.) Either way is ideal in terms of eliminating dependency upon government for your electricity in the face of depleting fuel resources and the need to become more self-sufficient.
Another advantage is that you can store energy using a solar generator enabling you to continue uninterrupted during cloudy days. If you are keen to build solar power then the solar generator is an ideal project.
Exploring fully the advantages of solar generators.
- Pollution-free: Although having a more greener environment has always been an issue, it is only since fairly recent that more of us are now more conscious than ever of the need to conserve the planet by minimizing pollution and seeking alternatives to fossil fuels
- Cost-effective: Although to build solar power means creating free energy there is the much debated issue of the capital outlay. Yes, a professionally installed system can take many years before any return on investment is realized, however, if you are more adventurous you can very easily build and install your own solar panels for considerably less and in doing so gain the knowledge required to continue to maintain them thus saving you even more money.
- Power storage: Using a solar generator enables you to store power so that on those occasions when the sun refuses to shine you are ensured a consistent supply of energy at all times.
- Low-maintenance: As mentioned previously, the knowledge gained when you build solar power enables you to fully maintain the system competently, saving you from ongoing costs.